Fossil? imprint /mold type not sure

fordsmtack

It has it all around it an on the ends this one was mostly covered. It might be 2” long an half inch tall on ends an almost a inch tall at tallest point for size. Some shell it looks. I found it in my aunts flowerbeds she had bought rock in 1969 to cover 7 beds. So when I weeded them I'd dig out interesting ones. She's had the same rocks since then. She'd have the rocks cleaned an put back . Kodak, TN. I thought it was the most interesting one.  Thought to share. Thank you.

2020-03-30_190318.jpg

2020-03-30_190355.jpg

2020-03-30_190511.jpg

2020-03-30_190626.jpg

2020-03-30_190641.jpg

2020-03-30_190708.jpg

2020-03-30_190611.jpg

In the first picture, I see a partial imprint of a brachiopod on top of a fenestrate bryozoan. For its age, certainly Paleozoic, and I would guess Ordovician based on the location. That said, TN has bedrock that includes the majority of the Paleozoic, and this could have come from anywhere, so it's hard to say.

• I found this Informative 3

It is a true fozzil then. This is great. But yes i figured by it being in the flowerbeds wouldn't know where it come from . But at least it is a real fossil, thank you. I just looked up the names you gave an it looks to mean before the dinosaur. makes it very interesting to me, an the little tracks or lines that I see is from the steam of the fenestrate bryozan that sometimes looks like a screw. Hope I am saying this right. There are probably alot of these fossils out there, esp in the bedrocks. Another somewhere I have has, it looks to be a screw right in the center, the head part. I haven't ran across it yet. Thank you for the information. 

Edited by fordsmtack