A few troubling fossils

hisbiskis

Hey guys, I got a couple of fossils I am struggling to ID.

All fossils shown were found in Fallen Timber creek, Ab, Canada. They were found along a rock bed along the creek itself. 

The first set of pics is a rather common fossil I find, with it being a imprint of some kind on a black rock. Was wondering if somebody could ID the actually imprint itself as I am having trouble doing so (think it is some kind of coral or other "aquatic vegetation").

The next set is a bone shaped object, looks to be the end of a joint. But I am unsure if it is just fracturing in the sandstone creating the pattern or if it is an actual fossil (as the inside is sandstone).

Last I have a very odd shaped rock with some bumps and odd patterns in it. Unsure with this one as well if it is a fossil or just a rock. 

(ignore the green tint in the first photo)

(also in the first photo set, the specimen wraps around the rock)

Thanks to everyone for the help :)

20200330_155154_compress56.jpg

20200330_154335_compress7.jpg

20200330_154415_compress40~2.jpg

Edited by hisbiskis

Third set

(these photos aren't the best, sorry)

photo 1=top down

photo 2= bottom

photo three= frontal

20200330_155535_compress21.jpg

20200330_155445_compress11.jpg

20200330_155430_compress2.jpg

27 minutes ago, Pemphix said:

I'm seeing......rocks.

Is the first set really just a rock, cuz I know the camera doesn't capture it well at all (and excuse any ignorance I may show), but could you explain why? Thanks for your input anyways, much appreciated :)

27 minutes ago, Ruger9a said:

The third set of photos are interesting.  

I know, it has such an odd shape to it with smooth round bumps sticking out and other protrusions. I just don't have a lick what it could be tho, except maybe bone, but that is just my amateur experience talking.

1 hour ago, hisbiskis said:

Is the first set really just a rock, cuz I know the camera doesn't capture it well at all (and excuse any ignorance I may show), but could you explain why? Thanks for your input anyways, much appreciated :)

No signs of being any fossil. No bone-structure (no honeycomb-structure, growth-lines, havers-channels, joints of bone ..). Instead clear signs of being a rock like not homogene matrix, no clear shape, crystals,...

They look like chert nodules to me. Except the first one.

It may be some type of sedimentary rock. I see what may be bryozoans? 

Could also be some softer mineral that eroded more than the rest of the rock to make those features.

Take your photos in daylight, rather than artificial light.

20200330_155154_compress56.jpg.42055469cfa3e4f571a8f44eba835a92.jpg

The others have no bilateral symmetry.

I think you are seeing lots of mineral veins.features that can naturally occur in rocks.

Keep looking, though.

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

9 hours ago, Pemphix said:

No signs of being any fossil. No bone-structure (no honeycomb-structure, growth-lines, havers-channels, joints of bone ..). Instead clear signs of being a rock like not homogene matrix, no clear shape, crystals,...

Thank you for explaining :) I will start looking for things that have a more balanced matrix and defined shape. much appreciated :)

8 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

They look like chert nodules to me. Except the first one.

It may be some type of sedimentary rock. I see what may be bryozoans? 

Could also be some softer mineral that eroded more than the rest of the rock to make those features.

Take your photos in daylight, rather than artificial light.

20200330_155154_compress56.jpg.42055469cfa3e4f571a8f44eba835a92.jpg

The others have no bilateral symmetry.

I think you are seeing lots of mineral veins.features that can naturally occur in rocks.

Keep looking, though.

Thankyou. The mineral veins make sense as I find lots of quartz and quartz veins in that region. I was suspect of that last set as some parts appeared on the surface and dug their way down, lacking that symmetry you mentioned. I will definitely look for more symmetry and balance in my fossils and also take my photos in more natural light as possible. Your comment has been very informative and helpful, thankyou :)