Shipping concerns?

Joe_17

Was wondering if anyone has experienced any shipping problems with the whole lockdown thing going on? Having a package shipped from Europe soon and was worried it would be held at customs for a long time due to shutdowns everywhere.

I sent a package to Slovenia recently and it was held in customs for one week.  Not sure if it was due to the Covid problem or just a random check.  But the recipient made it sound like not a normal thing.

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Think international flights including freight flights have delays across the board. I have a package being shipped from two different couriers one from Australia and the other USPS from the US and both are stuck according to the tracking websites. It's not unknown for packages to be stuck at customs for up to a week or even longer. Seen packages held for months. A contributing factor to this delay may also likely be due to the COVID-19 situation.

My USPS tracking's stuck at CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER and International departure - enroute to United Kingdom from BRISBANE QLD - both since the 23rd March. Seeing news headlines such as "USPS warns it might have to shutter by June as $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus package provides no funding" is also worrying :( I hope it's just a slight delay and will eventually get moving...Likewise for your package @Joe_17

• I found this Informative 3

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

58 minutes ago, Jaimin013 said:

Think international flights including freight flights have delays across the board. I have a package being shipped from two different couriers one from Australia and the other USPS from the US and both are stuck according to the tracking websites. It's not unknown for packages to be stuck at customs for up to a week or even longer. Seen packages held for months. A contributing factor to this delay may also likely be due to the COVID-19 situation.

My USPS tracking's stuck at CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER and International departure - enroute to United Kingdom from BRISBANE QLD - both since the 23rd March. Seeing news headlines such as "USPS warns it might have to shutter by June as $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus package provides no funding" is also worrying :( I hope it's just a slight delay and will eventually get moving...Likewise for your package @Joe_17

Wow sorry to hear :/ . I hope you get your stuff soon. I'm hoping things go smoothly with this also .

Ups and amazon have both had cases show up in some distribution centers but they aren’t saying wich ups center.and with the decrease in flights I wouldn’t be surprised to see delays.

Right now I'm only expecting shippings from within the European Union. Not planing to buy anything from outside the EU for the rest of the year. 

Shipping is one problem, but shippings from outside the EU to Germany would also have to go through customs. Even if things will sort out until summer, there will be a ton of undone shippings laying around at customs. And towards the end of the year Christmas shipping will start.

So no fossils for me this year form outside the EU. Only if they are already for sale within the EU.

21 hours ago, Joe_17 said:

Wow sorry to hear :/ . I hope you get your stuff soon. I'm hoping things go smoothly with this also .

Thanks Joe hopefully it will eventually arrive!:fingerscrossed:

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

I'm waiting for a number of packages, some from USA some from UK. So far I've received one package, it arrived a little late but not crazy late.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite