Wells pit duplin county?

Notidanodon

Hi guys do you know much about this site and it’s age and statiagraphy this is all I can find but I doesn’t mention shark teeth being found ther only having a mollusc faunal list , any ideas Thanks:P

A3865513-2626-47AA-BE7E-CE6B4C20293D.jpeg

71E7F18D-3A80-4B87-89E9-C7EB6BC55AC9.jpeg

Nice little tooth.:)

Not a clue about the place though. :headscratch:

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

The label has the wrong state, it is North Carolina. This was a small marl pit. The owner that ran it was a very nice man who passed away several years back and the pit has since filled with water. It is in a Middle Eocene outlier (an erosional remnant away from the main outcrop) of the Castle Hayne Formation. Abdounia recticona is now called Pseudabdouia recticona.

• I found this Informative 8

Thanks so much (:

@Al Dente do you know which member it was from and the specific stage of the Eocene? Sorry for the hassle but I’m trying to get all the info

9 minutes ago, will stevenson said:

Thanks so much (:

@Al Dente do you know which member it was from and the specific stage of the Eocene? Sorry for the hassle but I’m trying to get all the info

I just noticed your tooth has 5 pairs of lateral cusps. That would make it Pseudabdounia claibornensis which has 4-8 pairs of cusps instead of Pseudabdounia recticona which has 2 to 4 pair. This is the Comfort Member of the Castle Hayne Formation. This particular pit is either Lutetian or Bartonian or might span both stages.

• I found this Informative 9

2 hours ago, Al Dente said:

I just noticed your tooth has 5 pairs of lateral cusps. That would make it Pseudabdounia claibornensis which has 4-8 pairs of cusps instead of Pseudabdounia recticona which has 2 to 4 pair. This is the Comfort Member of the Castle Hayne Formation. This particular pit is either Lutetian or Bartonian or might span both stages.

thanks so much, you are incredibly knowledgeable, ill come to you for shark teeth questions for sure:P