My Fossil Room is a Mess

Welsh Wizard

Lots of terrific finds.

I do like that you find all these yourself. 

Love those Whitby plants.:wub:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Here’s my only attempt at polishing fossils. Some belemnites and an ammonite from Whitby. I’d forgotten about these:

CDF19532-F013-4384-9375-256B7ED66B72.thumb.jpeg.4c939c251dfcebc52ad3ce7e59fe918f.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

17 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Lots of terrific finds.

I do like that you find all these yourself. 

Love those Whitby plants.:wub:

Thanks Adam

i think most on this thread have been found by me or members of my family.

I like the plants too but tend not to look for them. They are quite easy to find along the Yorkshire coast.

1 hour ago, Welsh Wizard said:

Thanks Adam

i think most on this thread have been found by me or members of my family.

I like the plants too but tend not to look for them. They are quite easy to find along the Yorkshire coast.

I went collecting on the Yorkshire coast half a dozen times and found lots of ammonites, belemnites, bivales, marine reptile bits etc., but not one plant, even though I went specifically to find Zamites on one occasion. :(

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Finally, some olivine found by my kids on the Island of Lanzarote. Olivine is thrown out of the volcanoes on the island and you can find it on certain beaches.

38F36CE6-9927-4FEB-8218-9B3DFE5D9B31.thumb.jpeg.95f08d65fdc1824b62286a0651c88148.jpeg

• I found this Informative 4

This will be my last post on this thread as I’ve finished tidying my fossil room. I’ve been lucky that the weathers been great and I’ve managed to post a good selection of the fossils that I’ve “found” in the room along the way.

I’ve enjoyed doing this and I hope you’ve enjoyed it too. 

Thanks for watching and stay safe in these difficult times.

• I found this Informative 3

Well thanks for the amazing tour! Those are some pretty wonderful fossils - especially the Aust bones and teeth :) 

• I found this Informative 1

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

• 4 weeks later...

I really enjoyed these finds. Would love to see some more of your whitby stuff :)

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter

1 hour ago, LiamL said:

I really enjoyed these finds. Would love to see some more of your whitby stuff :)

Thanks Liam

I really appreciate that. I’ve got an ichthyosaur you’d like. It’s from Runswick Bay. Never got around to posting it tho.

Ive put quite a few things in an ichthyosaur thread on collections, have you seen those?

12 hours ago, Welsh Wizard said:

Thanks Liam

I really appreciate that. I’ve got an ichthyosaur you’d like. It’s from Runswick Bay. Never got around to posting it tho.

Ive put quite a few things in an ichthyosaur thread on collections, have you seen those?

Yes I've had a look through all your older finds :) How complete is the runswick ichthyosaur?

On 06/05/2020 at 9:34 AM, LiamL said:

Yes I've had a look through all your older finds :) How complete is the runswick ichthyosaur?

Maybe 60%

• I found this Informative 1

4 hours ago, Welsh Wizard said:

Maybe 60%

Would love to see that :D