Cardabiodontid or something else ?

fossilsonwheels

I saw this Cretaceous Lamniformes tooth pop up on the auction site that shall not be named and grabbed it. It was inexpensive so it is not really much of a gamble. It was sold as Cardabiodon sp. It comes from the Cenomanian of Russia, Fedorovka Village, Tambov region. That is all the geological information i could get. I have not really studied up on Cardabiodontid teeth very much as I planned on getting one down the road. I did take a look at some papers on Cardabiodon and Dwardius yesterday, I also looked around for photos to compare with the pictures we were given of the tooth. The scale in the photos is cm. These are the only photos I have until the tooth arrives.

I am far from an expert, closer to novice lol I think it MIGHT be a Dwardius tooth but that is really an uneducated guess based on limited research. I thought I would post it here and get some opinions from the knowledgeable folks here.

P1014430.JPG

P1014439.JPG

P1014420.JPG

@Troodon yeah I can see why you’d suggest that. It wasn’t an expensive gamble at least lol 

Very pretty tooth whatever it may be. 

Definitely worth a gamble.:)

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

1 hour ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Very pretty tooth whatever it may be. 

Definitely worth a gamble.:)

I agree with you ! No complaints here. It was inexpensive and we don’t have any Archaeolamna teeth so I’m happy 

• I found this Informative 1