Tooth found in river sediments, Connecticut

Paul1719

Hi, this tooth was found in my front yard in Wethersfield, CT while I was exploring whether there were any datable artifacts in a test pit just outside my house (supposedly oldest house in CT). I only found a few historical artifacts  (wrought nail) and was mostly chasing charcoal (Native people were burning the area) and wanted to see if I could get to the clear glacial till when this tooth popped out of nowhere. This is definitely not my area of experience.

Thanks for any help

Paul

WethersfieldTooth1.JPG

WetherfieldTooth2.JPG

WethersfieldTooth3.JPG

WethersfieldTooth4.JPG

Thanks Harry, that would seem to be the right species (I know there were pigs by 1640) possibly buried or found just at the earliest historical layer. It is so surprising I have found so little in this pit which is about 10 feet from the south end of the house??? Dendrochronology was all over the place. The only thing I am absolutely certain of is the 3 acre lot was granted in 1635 and by 1640 there was a house.

Hi Harry, the irony was that I was searching for datable objects that could support an earlier date for the house. I literally found next to nothing. A couple wrought nails and some charcoal. So I did find a second pig tooth while screening the pile. see below. Looks very similar to the one from the Santa Fe River. Do you know if this tooth type is one of the early breeds? I should have checked when I had Tamworths.

W2tooth1.JPG

W2tooth2.JPG