Deltadromeus jaw Ankylosaurus scute?

Dinobot

Hi there Amateur Dinobot again, with the self isolation, I had some time to look back at a couple of my purchases.  They were bought a couple years ago on a popular auction site.  The sellers did not have a lot of reviews so it felt like a bit of a gamble.

The first on I was told was a deltadromeus partial jaw and was found in Norther Africa in 2015.

The other I was told was an Ankylosaurus scute. I dont recall if the seller provided any further detail but he is no longer selling items.

Thanks for the input! Wasnt sure if they were identified correctly or not

inCollage_20200406_133456138.thumb.jpg.47d75c33a55cff706bdac4e64919ba68.jpg

• deltadromeus
  • deltadrom

Your bone is a non-descript fragment so impossible to say if its dinosaurian or croc.   FYI no Deltadromeus  skull material has been found so its pretty difficult to assign anything to it.  Your second item looks geologic sorry  don't see a fossil.

• I found this Informative 2

The first one doesn't look like any type of jaw to me. And like Troodon said, no skull material has been found for Deltadromeus. Or at least none that can be ascribed as such. The original holotype did not have a skull preserved. So without overlapping material where skull material as well as other parts are preserved so that it can be matched with the holotype no skull bones or teeth can be ascribed to Deltadromeus.

Now what it looks like is the middle part of some limb bone. Perhaps a femur. But it's so fragmentary that it's hard to tell.

And I also agree that the second one does not look like a fossil at all.

• I found this Informative 2

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

I see a possible humerus in that first, and only, bone.  The presevation does not look like Niger material that I am familiar with.  Ankylosaur scute?  You need to demand a refund.  

• I found this Informative 1