dxj

I've got the assignment to identify and collect data on these three ammonite fossils.

My best guesses are that the first two are from Ceratites and that the third one is Dactylioceras. The first two are about ten to twelve centimeteres in diameter, the third one about eight. 

Since my School is still closed due to the current situation, these are the only pictures i have got. 

IMG_20200228_132809.jpg

1st: complete specimen of Ceratites evolutus  (somewhere from Evolutus/Compressus-zone)

2nd: phragmocone of Ceratites praenodosus (?)

3rd: Dactylioceras sp.

You may add more info, especially where they were found, because there are a lot of varietis within the Species Ceratites.

Pictures from different angles may help to see better the ridges and backs on the Ceratites.

That would give more possibilitys for a better ID..

• I found this Informative 4

Out of curiosity, when you say you "got the assignment", is that a school assignment or work for academic credit?  If so, asking others to confirm an ID you got on your own is probably OK, and that is what you did.  Just FYI though, asking others to provide the ID, in other words to do your assignment for you, would not have been OK.  Just so you (and others) know.

Don

• I found this Informative 1