Triassic Cephalopods fro Epidaurs

FossilHunter.info

Hi Guys, I'm taking advantage of this period of staying at home to recheck and better identify the fossils from my collection.
Someone can tell me the genus and species of these triassic fossils of Epidaurus. 
Thanks in advance and please stay home if you can !!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Danny (Fossil Hunter)

• 1 year later...

Stumbled upon your topic while searching inside the forum for more Greek Triassic info.

Its quite old post, but you might see your mail notification, would be useful for other people as well.

http://ikee.lib.auth.gr/record/76121/files/gri-2007-599.pdf

This dissertation is in Greek and using google translate on a 200+ document would be very impractical.

Instead, scroll down to page 385. This is the start of the image tables (ΠΙΝΑΚΑΣ)

Now each picture has numbers.

The clearly visible numbers are the numerical position of the table.

Say for example Taf. III, Fig. 3

This is the 3rd table, 3rd specimen. 

If you see a species that resemble yours, just replace the reference of the numbers, but be careful, the sequence must be the same, including spaces and commas.

So the search formula, using Control+F should be: Taf. (table number), Fig. (Figure number)

The not clearly visible numbers, marked on the fossils can be searched directly.

For example if you search 355, it will go to the Nevadites section.

Concerning your samples:

Number 1 looks like some Epigymnites sp. page 422, however fossil No 361 is Japonites sp.

The author says that it can be compared with Epigymnites incultus, E.
palmai & E. ecki.

Number 2 might be Sturia sp. I compare it against samples of page 416 2-6

Number 3 I 'd dare to say without looking the pdf, it is a Megaphyllites sp. 

Number 4 is a nautiloid of which I cannot find more info. I have found something similar here.

Number 6 page 424 is your answer. Someone more experienced could comment on that. Lovely by the way.

Number 5 & 7 I have a difficulty with globose ammonites telling one another. Look page 394. One of the two might be Arcestes sp.

Number 8-9 are orthoconic nautiloids. Cannot narrow it down more.

Some juveniles samples are very hard to identify, unless you know the exact spot of the formation they were extracted (Ammonite zone), since they have not yet developed their characteristics.

Most, if not all ammonites with manganese oxide layer (black) are dated as Ladinian. All of your samples originate from a small outcrop, less than 400meters in length, on the opposite side of the ancient theatre of Epidaurus.

In the area, you can also find the least known Carnian ammonites. You can see an example here.

Their unique characteristic is that some of them are partially pyritized, sometimes even with Jasper. One assumption is hydrothermic activity.

You might be able to find more literature in Italian and German. There are a couple of similar "Hallstatt phase" outcrops within the Alps that drew the attention of many German-Austrian-Italian palaeontologists.