Winner of the March 2020 Invertebrate/Plant Fossil Of The Month

digit

Fantastic find and presentation!!! :fistbump: Thanks for all you do, Jack

• I found this Informative 1

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Thank you @digit, @deutscheben, @Pterygotus@Shellseeker, and @old bones!!! 

Because quite a few people seemed interested in my scolecodonts, I'm planning on offering some (other than the ones pictured above) up for an auction to benefit the forum.  The ones that will be put up for auction won't be quite as impressive as the ones pictured above, but perhaps there is someone out there who is interested in adding some humble little scolecodonts to their invertebrate collection while supporting TFF at the same time.  Stay tuned... :)

• I found this Informative 7

Amazing specimen :D It's not often we see scolecodonts submitted for VFOTM, let alone winning it!

Congrats, Monica!!!

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

Congratulations, Monica.  :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

The monthly contests serve as a showcase for the great diversity of finds that our members make each month. There were some wondrous items entered this month which would be very much welcome in my collection. In the end only one item could carry the month and the novelty of scolecodont mandibles really caught the imagination of our members. Congrats to all who entered last month and to Monica who's sharp eyes spotted these tiny nightmarish mandibles giving her a second IPFOTM win!

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 3

Congrats Monica ! :yay-smiley-1:

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Thank you @grandpa, @The Amateur Paleontologist, @Troodon, @Fossildude19, @Praefectus, and @Coco!  I'm very happy with my little jaws and hopefully will continue to find more.

Update: I've started photographing the scolecodonts that will be put up for auction, but the sun has disappeared behind some clouds and my camera battery is exhausted, so I'll continue with the photography session later today - I should have the auction up either today or tomorrow, so continue to stay tuned... :)

As you know, I was betting on you, Monica!! Can't wait to see your offerings.   I must admit though , the second place crinoid was also a big WOW.

Mike

40 minutes ago, minnbuckeye said:

As you know, I was betting on you, Monica!! Can't wait to see your offerings.   I must admit though , the second place crinoid was also a big WOW.

Mike

Thanks, Mike!  And I agree - that crinoid is exquisite! :wub:

Wonderful fossil. Terrific win against fierce competition from that super crinoid. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Well done, Monica! 

:default_clap2:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Well, I've put up the scolecodont auction lot to benefit the forum - have a look at it if you're interested in obtaining some tiny worm jaw pieces and helping TFF at the same time :D