Rexofspades

Hello everyone, 

On this edition of Rex or nano, we have this nice little mailbox score I got earlier this year. The seller and I are reasonably certain that it is a young adult rex. But I wanted to bring it to you folks to get your assessment. 

It matches the locality of Rex ( hell creek, from a microsite in Carter county) and based on my research from the forum and elsewhere it checks out as tyrannosaurid. (Ie: robustness and seemingly no pinch)

Bonus question: I'm also curious on the placement of the tooth in the animals jaw. I have reason to believe it may be a right maxillary tooth.

IMG_20200406_101102250_HDR.jpg

Here is a picture of the base. Due to it's ragged nature, there is only one side to go by for ID

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-100053403.jpeg

Here is a picture of the base. Due to it's ragged nature, there is only one side to go by for ID

Another from the opposite side. Also I don't know how useful it is, but I sculpted a restored tip to get a (rough) idea of the full size.

15866406951021345808577840266688.jpg

1 minute ago, Troodon said:

Its a Trex tooth base looks more oval than rectangular so that would make it dentary. 

So it's a lower then? Interesting. Could you confirm if it was on the left or right side? I believe it could be it's right.

Left dentary..hard to say if it's an adult or subadult..  Replacement teeth muddle the diagnosis 

• I found this Informative 1