Hey guys, I found this listed as a raptor(dromaeosaur) tooth(the seller wasn’t really sure what it was)I personally felt like it looked more like an allosaurus tooth. What do you guys think?

9C4631D0-FD4C-4B82-8F02-CC728E6DAB73.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

Moved to IS IT REAL. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

11 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Moved to IS IT REAL. 

I know it’s real but I’m not sure if the seller is right in saying that it’s a raptor tooth

It's somewhat customary we post seller offerings in the IS IT REAL subforum as the Fossil ID is more commonly used for items members find on their own. ;) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

5 minutes ago, Dino1 said:

How do I Change it to is it real?

Tim already moved it for you. ;) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

You are not going to positively ID this tooth in the condition its in.  Anything will be a guess.  Its an indeterminate Theropod definitely not a Raptor

• I found this Informative 2

44 minutes ago, Dino1 said:

Morrison formation, Wyoming 

If it is from the Morrison Formation, definitely not a dromaeosaurid tooth.  From the photo provided, I don't think I see the mesial serrations ending 2/3 way so we can rule out a Megalosaurid theropod...as far as I can go however.

• I found this Informative 1

15 hours ago, Runner64 said:

If it is from the Morrison Formation, definitely not a dromaeosaurid tooth.  From the photo provided, I don't think I see the mesial serrations ending 2/3 way so we can rule out a Megalosaurid theropod...as far as I can go however.

16 hours ago, Troodon said:

You are not going to positively ID this tooth in the condition its in.  Anything will be a guess.  Its an indeterminate Theropod definitely not a Raptor

With the condition of the tooth like @Troodon said it’s not possible to get a positive ID, and as @Runner64 said there’s no visible mesial serrations so as he said it rules out Megalosaurid so with this it’s still a indeterminate Theropod.  Cool tooth.