Hey guys, I saw this listed as a therizinosaurus egg, I have very little experience with Dino eggs but I think it’s real. What do you guys think?

85EEFC3B-F2E9-4095-815A-F3A2CBC9CCB8.png

Hey troodon, yes I have responded to my posts before and I’m sorry I haven’t thanked the people who have responded to my posts enough. I will start thanking people more. Thanks for the input

Yes like I said before I have responded to my posts before, I do not mean every single time but I will start responding every single time from now on.

I’m sorry I didn’t thank you or the others before but I do thank you now. Hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me

All the members here are more than willing to take their personal time to help anyone.   I think its just common courtesy to have some sort of closure to your topics and not just leave them hanging with no feedback.   For example your question on rare fossils garnished lots of good input by many but there was no discussion from you.  So its not just a thank you but a dialogue.   Be glad to move forward.

• I found this Informative 8

Looking at the other, more detailed photos on the original listing for the egg does lead me to believe it is real.  Personally I do not like the prep job, looks like someone covered it in a gloss/epoxy.

some of you may like:

Embryos_of_therizinosauroid_theropods_fr.pdf

Acta Zoologica(Stockholm)89: 231–251 (July 2008)

Embryos of therizinosauroid theropods from the Upper Cretaceous of China: diagnosis and analysis of ossification
patterns
Martin Kundrát,Arthur R. I. Cruickshank,Terry W. Manning and John Nudds

kundr000 (2).jpg

8 hours ago, doushantuo said:

some of you may like:

Embryos_of_therizinosauroid_theropods_fr.pdf

Acta Zoologica(Stockholm)89: 231–251 (July 2008)

Embryos of therizinosauroid theropods from the Upper Cretaceous of China: diagnosis and analysis of ossification
patterns
Martin Kundrát,Arthur R. I. Cruickshank,Terry W. Manning and John Nudds

kundr000 (2).jpg

Terry Manning has done some incredible work with these eggs in his life time.  He brought a few to Tucson in the last few years but I don't think anyone has purchased any... it I remember the ones with the embyros exposed were tens of thousands of dollars each... I bought a few of his duds.... the ones that he exposed to acid to reveal bones that turned out to not be fertile.