is it a Dinosaur Egg ?

Claudio L

Hi all, 

Dear experts, first of all  I would like to acknowledge to everyone that keeps the Fossil forum alive ! It's awesome.

Secondly, I would like to share with you what I have here, I took this egg shape rock ( at least I think it is a rock) back in Brazil, Peruibe close to Jureia Ecological State- when I was kayaking  in 1989-1990 ....since them I've been carrying it with me and I always thought if someone could tell me if it is a dinosaur egg or just a rock. 

If someone can give me an expert opinion I would really appreciate. 

Thank you,

Claudio

Rock egg1 .jpeg

Rock egg2.jpeg

Rock egg3.jpeg

Rock egg4.jpeg

Edited by Claudio L

Thank you Chris and Thank  you Rockwood for the post ! It's a concretion ! you guys are awesome !

Cheers,

CL 

• I found this Informative 2

Claudio, Welcome to TFF from Austin, Tx.  I have to agree with my fellow members above, this and a little nutmeg would make a great egg-not.  <_<  For future reference you may want to see:

And again, Welcome to the Forum!:SlapHands:

8 hours ago, Claudio L said:

Hi all, 

Dear experts, first of all  I would like to acknowledge to everyone that keeps the Fossil forum alive ! It's awesome.

Secondly, I would like to share with you what I have here, I took this egg shape rock ( at least I think it is a rock) back in Brazil, Peruibe close to Jureia Ecological State- when I was kayaking  in 1989-1990 ....since them I've been carrying it with me and I always thought if someone could tell me if it is a dinosaur egg or just a rock. 

If someone can give me an expert opinion I would really appreciate. 

Thank you,

Claudio

Rock egg1 .jpeg

Rock egg2.jpeg

Rock egg3.jpeg

Rock egg4.jpeg

:Welcome-crab:to TFF from Canada but no egg here.