Tooth - Theropod?

Ruger9a

Good afternoon folks.  I have a very small (5mm) tooth or partial tooth on matrix from the Lance Formation outside of Newcastle, Wyoming.  Is it a Theropod tooth?  It's in the left middle section of the matrix. 

DSCN4812 (2).JPG

DSCN4813 (2).JPG

DSCN4815 (2).JPG

DSCN4816 (2).JPG

DSCN4819 (2).JPG

DSCN4822 (2).JPG

I dont see serrations on your 3 photo, the sharpest, so would lean toward croc possibly fish.  The carina looks pretty sharpe and smooth.  However if your micro photos can show some then its a different call.

• I found this Informative 1

It looks like the amiid fish (a bowfin) from the Lance.  Thick clear enamel that is sorta see-through, and distinct ridges on either side... Melvius is the genus.

• I found this Informative 2

Here we go.  These are the Micro photos.  Yes, I know I'm a poor photographer, sorry.

tooth1.jpg

tooth2.jpg

tooth3.jpg

tooth4.jpg

tooth5.jpg

tooth6.jpg

tooth7.jpg

tooth8.jpg

3 hours ago, jpc said:

It looks like the amiid fish (a bowfin) from the Lance.  Thick clear enamel that is sorta see-through, and distinct ridges on either side... Melvius is the genus.

Thanks JPC.  I didn't see your response before posting these photos.  Looks to me like the clearness and distinct ridges are both present.  There was also a small dark brown tooth with serrated edges on the matrix, but it fell apart with I tried to prep it.

4 hours ago, Troodon said:

I dont see serrations on your 3 photo, the sharpest, so would lean toward croc possibly fish.  The carina looks pretty sharpe and smooth.  However if your micro photos can show some then its a different call.

Thanks Troodon.  Don't know if the micro photos will make much of a difference, but I did try.

1 minute ago, Troodon said:

Definitely fish and like jpc indicated looks like Melvius

Screenshot_20200418-155758.jpg.bad2ab3b0b6b49c524e8b5cfe7fa7587.jpg

Thank you.