BlueFire0044

I know it kinda stinks but this is my collection. This is all i have left from hundreds of fossils because they got lost when i moved:(

28753F70-A885-4308-B4E4-1397A3AE27B5.jpeg

CA3F1FE7-AEBC-4562-A9C0-67383BD43844.jpeg

• I found this Informative 6

Yikes! Well I wouldn't say it stinks, but it's a small collection.....

When we moved about 10 years ago, there was no way I was trusting my fossil collection to a mover. We transported everything ourselves, by car, several drawers or boxes at a time. Of course we had that luxury, the new place being not far from the old place. I realize not everyone has that option.

• I found this Informative 1

5 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

Yikes! Well I wouldn't say it stinks, but it's a small collection.....

When we moved about 10 years ago, there was no way I was trusting my fossil collection to a mover. We transported everything ourselves, by car, several drawers or boxes at a time. Of course we had that luxury, the new place being not far from the old place. I realize not everyone has that option.

Im going to check the basement today, hopefully i can find some fossils that i ”lost” there:fingerscrossed:

• I found this Informative 2

On the bright side, atleast you have some fossils in your possession to admire. And you can always rebuild your collection. ;)

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

6 hours ago, BlueFire0044 said:

I know it kinda stinks but this is my collection. This is all i have left from hundreds of fossils because they got lost when i moved:(

28753F70-A885-4308-B4E4-1397A3AE27B5.jpeg  CA3F1FE7-AEBC-4562-A9C0-67383BD43844.jpeg

Nice start again. It gives you a goal. Welcome also. We look forward to seeing what you add in the future. Hope you can find what you lost!!

It is good to embrace a bit of active forgetting. I've had to restart two collections, and dwelling on what one used to have can drive one bonkers! 

Consider this a do-over. I know with my current collections now, if there was some mystical time-travel way of trading what I now have for what I used to have, I would firmly decline. 

The one that got away should always pale compared to the one you will get. :) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

29 minutes ago, Kane said:

It is good to embrace a bit of active forgetting. I've had to restart two collections, and dwelling on what one used to have can drive one bonkers! 

Consider this a do-over. I know with my current collections now, if there was some mystical time-travel way of trading what I now have for what I used to have, I would firmly decline. 

The one that got away should always pale compared to the one you will get. :) 

There is still some hope that i can find my old collection, i wont give up until i have looked trough every bit of that basement and all those boxes. Wish me luck!:)

Just now, BlueFire0044 said:

There is still some hope that i can find my old collection, i wont give up until i have looked trough every bit of that basement and all those boxes. Wish me luck!:)

True! I really love that Megalodon and Otodus

1 hour ago, White Feather said:

Nice start again. It gives you a goal. Welcome also. We look forward to seeing what you add in the future. Hope you can find what you lost!!

One step at the time i will build the best collection i’ve had:)

That has to be really disheartening to lose your collection! I don’t know how @Kane got through it twice! :default_faint:

Your current collection may be small, but it doesn’t look bad to me at all. A nice start. I’m fond of the horn corals. 

Since you pulled at our heartstrings with the loss of your collection, you are now also bound by the unwritten laws of fossil collecting to show us the new pieces you acquire going forward, so we can cheer you on and encourage the growth of your new collection! :P:D

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

8 minutes ago, FossilNerd said:

That has to be really disheartening to lose your collection! I don’t know how @Kane got through it twice! :default_faint:

Your current collection may be small, but it doesn’t look bad to me at all. A nice start. I’m fond of the horn corals. 

Since you pulled at our heartstrings with the loss of your collection, you are now also bound by the unwritten laws of fossil collecting to show us the new pieces you acquire going forward, so we can cheer you on and encourage the growth of your new collection! :P:D

Aww, thank you!:) 

I know what it's like, I lost some great stuff when I moved to Morocco.:(

Other pieces were broken. Crying.gif.e88cae851d88a569742763253c8a95ca.gif

But I am very glad to say that I've replaced some of my losses and am delighted with my collection as it is. :i_am_so_happy:

You have a couple of very nice horn corals there. :)

Good luck in finding / rebuilding your collection. :d_good_luck:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

21 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I know what it's like, I lost some great stuff when I moved to Morocco.:(

Other pieces were broken. Crying.gif.e88cae851d88a569742763253c8a95ca.gif

But I am very glad to say that I've replaced some of my losses and am delighted with my collection as it is. :i_am_so_happy:

You have a couple of very nice horn corals there. :)

Good luck in finding / rebuilding your collection. :d_good_luck:

Thank you!:)

I’m sorry to hear that your original collection was lost. I don’t know what I would do if it happened to mine. That being said, your new collection is very nice and on its way to greatness! We can’t wait to see new additions in the future. 

1 hour ago, thelivingdead531 said:

I’m sorry to hear that your original collection was lost. I don’t know what I would do if it happened to mine. That being said, your new collection is very nice and on its way to greatness! We can’t wait to see new additions in the future. 

Thank you! I will be updating:)

Once I was asked what I'd do if I suddenly lost my entire collection to whatever forces.  I immediately responded, "I'd plan a trip to go fossil hunting". 

1 hour ago, grandpa said:

Once I was asked what I'd do if I suddenly lost my entire collection to whatever forces.  I immediately responded, "I'd plan a trip to go fossil hunting". 

Sadly there are not any places near me:(

16 hours ago, BlueFire0044 said:

Im going to check the basement today, hopefully i can find some fossils that i ”lost” there:fingerscrossed:

Oh, I thought you meant the old collection was lost or damaged by a bad moving company. :default_faint: Ha!

If they're just in your basement, there is hope.  :fingerscrossed:

2 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

Oh, I thought you meant the old collection was lost or damaged by a bad moving company. :default_faint: Ha!

If they're just in your basement, there is hope.  :fingerscrossed:

I will try to do it today. I will have to check trough so many boxes

Sounds like my place, though a lot of the clutter here IS boxes of fossils and rocks. But if I go looking for any particular thing, it is often a challenge...

5 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

Sounds like my place, though a lot of the clutter here IS boxes of fossils and rocks. But if I go looking for any particular thing, it is often a challenge...

I went looking yesterday but to no luck:( Ill go look more some day soon