Can you help identify this bone/fossil found on Lake Huron beach?

Mulholland

The other week I found a bone(left) on a Lake Huron beach (Ontario, Canada). The bone is roughly 2.5cm tall and 3cm wide, 1cm thick. To the right of the bone is a "rock" I found yesterday. I felt it looked too similar to the bone I had found. Here they are back to back. Does anyone know what kind of bone this is? And does anyone know if the specimen to the right is infact a fossil, or is it just a rock? 

Hopefully this is structured well enough. If you have more questions please ask!

This is my first post here so thanks for having me.

- Chris

49813565906_330c307f89_k.jpg

49813565831_582c5d4dec_k.jpg

I don't thinks there's enough to go on here.  Perhaps a joint bone, but that's speculation.

• I found this Informative 1

Joint bone is a good place for me to start looking, thanks. And Zarn I'm certain it's bone and not fossilized coral :)

2 minutes ago, Mulholland said:

Joint bone is a good place for me to start looking, thanks. And Zarn I'm certain it's bone and not fossilized coral :)

Ok good deal , good luck !

The one on the right reminds me of furnace slag. There's a lot of it on Great Lakes shores, a leftover from coal-fired ships' steam engines. May also be from steel production. Any mills in that area?

Welcome to the forum.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!