FF7_Yuffie

Hello, I saw this for sale labelled as Siroccopterex claw. But, a google search of similar claws shows up the usual curved claw shape.

Is this just a different pterosaur claw than usual or something else?  It looks familiar to me, I've seen similar before but cant think where.

Screenshot_20200502-134417_Chrome.jpg

I believe the fossil is from a type of fish possibly a fish scale or plate......it isn't a Pterosaur claw

This fossil was actually part of another thread and the general consensus is that it is probably from a fish....see below

• I found this Informative 2

20 minutes ago, msantix said:

I believe the fossil is from a type of fish possibly a fish scale or plate......it isn't a Pterosaur claw

This fossil was actually part of another thread and the general consensus is that it is probably from a fish....see below

Cheers. I didnt think it resembled a claw. But thiught maybe it was a rarer, unusual shaped one.

It puts me in doubt of the sellers grallator footprints that I have my eye on now.

3 hours ago, FF7_Yuffie said:

It puts me in doubt of the sellers grallator footprints that I have my eye on now.

Its good not to trust what you see offered by any seller but lots of what they have for sale is fine.  Most just identify an item based on what they are told it is and are not experts.  My advice is to post your interests here like you did and get experts to comment on it. 

Not sure what your initial post specimen is but its not a claw.

• I found this Informative 2