Fossil fish wall

JBMugu

Since I have had more time to get stuff done due to Corona virus downtime I finally put together a fossil fish wall. I collected the specimens a few years ago in Wyoming. Thought I would share

IMG_20200502_092611.jpg

• I found this Informative 15

It looks terrific, and it's even better because you collected them yourself.

• I found this Informative 1

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

I thought your display was terrific the first time I looked, but now that I look again, I'm even more impressed. It's easy to imagine all those hungry, determined fish browsing the ancient lake for a delicious bit of eocene food. Your display brings them to life again. Well done.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

2 hours ago, JBMugu said:

Since I have had more time to get stuff done due to Corona virus downtime I finally put together a fossil fish wall. I collected the specimens a few years ago in Wyoming. Thought I would share

IMG_20200502_092611.jpg

No offence, but I really think it would look better on my wall.... :-)  Fantastic display, thanks for sharing.

That is a nice way to display them!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

A wonderful project and display. Curiously, only 13% appear to favor swimming to the right, while the rest are heading to the left. This does not remotely represent the randomness one would expect. Collector bias, artistic statement, Liberal fish?  Curiouser and curiouser

• I found this Informative 1

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

I was going for the effect of a school of fish evading the larger fish. I'm going to do another with fish going to the right