little report

herve

A little report from a oxfordien stage in Provence .J go since 1984 its only place who you can find nodules ammonites whith sometime they are minerals likes diamont quartz,calcite,ankerite and petrol.J collecting just fossils.

20191229_160424.jpg

• I found this Informative 6

J collecting only fossils since 30 years old,ammonites,heteromorphe ammonite,crabs,fish trilobit, sea urshins, mammals, etc...J am married . Sorry for my enghish

Ammonites plicatilis zone oxfordien stage

20200503_190610.jpg

• I found this Informative 12

J collecting only fossils since 30 years old,ammonites,heteromorphe ammonite,crabs,fish trilobit, sea urshins, mammals, etc...J am married . Sorry for my enghish

Annother view

20191229_143152.jpg

• I found this Informative 11

20200503_190647.jpg

• I found this Informative 7

Lovely ammonites! :wub: :wub: :wub:. Looks like a fun place to collect as well.

Don

• I found this Informative 1

Its a physical site when we go at home we are very tired and when its rain its difficult sometime dangerous

20191229_143159.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

A tarameliceras

20190502_080029.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

A Lucinidae

20180615_111706 - Copie.jpg

• I found this Informative 5

Beautiful ammonites!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

That is quite the collection! How long did it take you to collect this many?

I like the bivalves as well.

Wow! Where do the ammonites come from? Are they eroding out of the decomposed rock?

Hello,J go to this site since35 years,the ammonites is on a nodules very hard ,its rare when its pyritized ,no this ammonites have shell .J, prep with air scribe The site is in south of France in Provence .Thanks for your comments

@herve Thanks for sharing this. It's nice for me to be able to view the fauna from this particular zone. In southern Germany they are only available in concretions from a reworked bank in the transversarium zone, which is mostly only rarely exposed through construction activities or on a few plowed fields. I've never had the chance to collect them myself. Can you remove them directly from outcrops or do you find the concretions already weathered out of the exposures? Would it be possible to show us more single ammonites with their names?

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

23 hours ago, herve said:

Its a physical site when we go at home we are very tired and when its rain its difficult sometime dangerous

20191229_143159.jpg

This reminds me of a site I go to a lot. A lot of new stuff erodes out after a good rain.

Never stops producing.