Fossil ID Request

Junoix

Good afternoon everyone! I believe this is part of a vertebra that was found in the material dug during the excavation of a big, deep lake in my community. Even though it is broken, I hope someone can help me in identifying what animal it comes from. It weighs 3.8 ounces. Thank you in advance for your help!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

I believe this could be part of a large mammal's spinal process from just above the neural arch. I say that due to the large flat, oval shapes which I've seen in pictures of mammoth vertebrae online. 

Here's the second picture that comes up when looking for "mammoth vertebrae" on google images. (from 

Mammoth vertebra - Mammuthus primigenius - approx. 60 cm - Catawiki

• I found this Informative 3

16 hours ago, PaleoNoel said:

I believe this could be part of a large mammal's spinal process from just above the neural arch. I say that due to the large flat, oval shapes which I've seen in pictures of mammoth vertebrae online. 

Here's the second picture that comes up when looking for "mammoth vertebrae" on google images. (from 

Mammoth vertebra - Mammuthus primigenius - approx. 60 cm - Catawiki

Thank you again for your response! I agree with you...  I'll look for other pictures online to see if I could find the right mammal.