Ancient bone and tooth

Geosam

Found this in a small hill/ banks on side of creek in the Grove city, Ohio area. Bone is heavy rock about 13 inches long. Feels like calcite, up close looks like bone spurs. Rough feeling. Also found what I thought was some sort of crayfish, or Crestacian , later saw pics of mmmoth teeth and saw similarities. My thought was large bone maybe young mammoth or mastodon femur bone with tooth. Tooth is like 3 to 4 inches long. I am really new , and have really gotten into fossil hunting in rivers and creek beds. Was watching discovery channel so decided to dig into glacier like hill that sits along creek edge. Can anyone help. Any advice. Pretty sure from what I have read by texture and look this is very old bone. Prob not dinasour found in Midwest. Lol unfortunately. Thank you

Resized_20200505_221312.jpg

Welcome to The Forum.  Unfortunately, the large item is not a fossil bone.  Notice the parallel layering, or laminar texture to the rock.  It appears to be differential weathering of the stone, giving it a bone-like appearance. 

The smaller piece does contain a fossil fragment of some kind.  More photos can be loaded in replies to this topic.  

• I found this Informative 3

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I agree with John on the "bone". Can you please give us a few views of the smaller piece in higher resolution?

• I found this Informative 2

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Cropped, enlarged,  and contrasted:

Resized_20200505_221312.jpg.b8599751a99390512cfb71b2b581c206.jpg

My first impression is that it looks like a section of Rugose coral. 

• I found this Informative 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I second the rugose coral assessment. If it was found near Columbus, the bedrock there is primarily Devonian in age. 

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer