New Member - Fossil Finds?

molydeii

Hi guys,

I've found the website while searching for information about some possible fossils I found around where I live in over several years. I pictured those and hopefully someone here is able to put a name / species / period to them. I am not a collector. I have always been fasciniated by geology, rocks and natural history. Knowing what they are will be very exciting for me. 

Number 1 : 

I cannot reemember where exactly I found it but should be some 100km's inland from Aegean sea, close by an ancient city called Pergamon in Modern Turkey. I was simply walking on the foothills of the city when this strange looking rock caught my eye

Number 2 :

These two are from Palermo in Western Siciliy coast. They're both from a pile of rocks next to the sea. I wasnt't able to look around much to see if there are more rocks like them. Maybe they're carried from somewhere close by.

Number 3: 

Found around 500-800 meters elevation somewhere in Central Anatolia, more than 300km from any modern sea (former Tethys Ocean?) very heavy and rocky at hand. 

Thank you in advance for your time looking at those. Some more will come soon

Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (6).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (5).jpg

Edited by molydeii
Typo

I’ll say this before someone else does, just upload your photos directly to the site rather than using links ;)

• I found this Informative 2

Good, thanks. I am working on it now. There are too many pictures so maybe I need to make seperate entries 

PS : I think now it's better

Edited by molydeii

Number 4 : Found in Palermo seaside, western Siciliy in Italy, along some white cristallite rocks without textures like that one (three pictures) 

Number 5 : Found on the beach in Southeastern Aegean coast. Probably modern, but any thoughts?

Webp.net-resizeimage (9).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (8).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (7).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (11).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (10).jpg

Number 5 : fossiliferious limestone? Found between two lakes, Buyukcekmece and Kucukcekmece in an elevation about 200mt from Marmara sea. From what I looked online, it says the area is mostly Miocene dated l,mestones and sandstones. Fpund in a pile of earth and dirt, containing many broken pieces of similar but apperently non-fossilic limestones. That one was larger, and at my hand it broke into four pieces (it was rainy the other day and the stone was wet)

Any idea what those seashels in it can be? 

Thank you everyone for reading the post and looking at the pictures. My English isn't very good so sorry if what I am trying to tell sounds vauge.

20200507_224658_4xlcoC.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (12).jpg

20200507_224644.jpg

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

1.  Oyster shell fragment

2. ??  Colonial Rugose Corals maybe? - Pictures are too blurry. 

3. Spiriferid brachiopod. 

4. Coral

5. Barnacles

6. Internal molds of bivalves - may not be enough detail to ID properly.

• I found this Informative 4

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thank you Tim! I'm not good with taking pictures yet I really like to put a name on those bygone creatures. 

Can you make any guess for period for any of them? I think Braichopod is the oldest one, as it's said on sources that they've gone extinct around 250 million years ago. 

22 minutes ago, molydeii said:

No one has any idea?

Your new pics do not provide much more information.

Fossildude has already nailed it. Not much else can be said, I think.

Franz Bernhard

• I found this Informative 1