fossilnut

Super collection and matched with pictures. Thanks for posting really enjoyed it.

fossilsonwheels

Fantastic collection !

Jaimin013

This is just awesome. Great pics of your fossils and the artwork on the animals

Coco

Hi,

:default_clap2: :default_clap2: :default_clap2:

Coco

The Amateur Paleontologist

Very nice collection - and beautifully presented, too :D

Troodon

Nicely presented Andy like all your other displays.  I chuckled when I saw that you added a Spinosaurid tooth to your assemblage

Darktooth

I really enjoyed this presentation. Informative, and visually stimulating. Excellent work!:thumbsu:

hokietech96

This post is one of the best I’ve read! Amazing  presentation and amazing collection!

Runner64

Lovely @-Andy- :) I could only imagine how difficult it was to amass all of these but it was worth it! The information provided with each taxon was very informative and I learned quite a bit!

FossilsAnonymous

This is an incredible bit of perseverance. Also a great learning experience!

Norki

Awesome collection.

Have you thought about including Protosphyraena?

Abstraktum

Superb collection and superb pictures! Great stuff :)

Masp

@-Andy- Diverse and impressive marine collection, the presentation is awesome. Really like how you included unique pics with each specimen too. 

grandpa

Wow, Andy!  What a collection and what a presentation!  This would make any museum envious.  I'm saving this post and printing out two copies to give to each of my grandsons who I know will enjoy it as much as I did.  Thank you for putting this collection and its presentation together and for sharing it with us.

Tidgy's Dad

Astounding presentation, both in the case and in this wonderful thread. 

Thank you so much for going to all this trouble for us.:)

Dracarys

Great job Andy! Glad to see you spending your Covid downtime well. You’re getting married soon though and I hope that this doesn’t stop your passion for a Fossils. Haha!

RuMert

Fantastic collection and presentation of great educational value. It's very good it all fitted into a not-so-big box for even better effect per cubic inch:D

A few thoughts: I wouldn't place mosasaurs with ichthyosaurs and pliosaurs as they replace the latters and would add more fishes like Acrodus/Cretodus/Chimaera, ammonites and belemnites (why not?). Also didn't Ptychodus teeth look more like this?:

140949269418430-big.jpg

jpc

There are many species of Ptychodus.  Yours and Andy's a re different species. 

Nice work, Andy.  

-Andy-

Thank you for the kind comments guys. It means a lot to me that you appreciate this thread.

In case anyone is wondering, here is ver 1 and ver 2 of the box from years ago.

5eb81710596be_Predator-Sea_Box1.thumb.jpg.fafeed9053a09e2ee7ebcba5a7c20ea9.jpg

Predator-Box-2a.thumb.jpg.851584cec050224190d64cce720ac5b0.jpg

20 hours ago, Troodon said:

Nicely presented Andy like all your other displays.  I chuckled when I saw that you added a Spinosaurid tooth to your assemblage

Thanks Frank. No way I can exclude the famous Spino. I wish I could put one of the Brazilian Spinosaurids which were found at coastal environments, but the Moroccan Spinosaurid is the next best thing.

19 hours ago, Norki said:

Awesome collection.

Have you thought about including Protosphyraena?

I did. Unfortunately, there just isn't enough space in the box. There's so many more species of fish and sharks I want to include.

18 hours ago, grandpa said:

Wow, Andy!  What a collection and what a presentation!  This would make any museum envious.  I'm saving this post and printing out two copies to give to each of my grandsons who I know will enjoy it as much as I did.  Thank you for putting this collection and its presentation together and for sharing it with us.

I am so happy to hear that I made something good enough for you to pass to your grandsons!

18 hours ago, Dracarys said:

Great job Andy! Glad to see you spending your Covid downtime well. You’re getting married soon though and I hope that this doesn’t stop your passion for a Fossils. Haha!

No way man. Fossils are a part of my life now.

17 hours ago, RuMert said:

Fantastic collection and presentation of great educational value. It's very good it all fitted into a not-so-big box for even better effect per cubic inch:D

A few thoughts: I wouldn't place mosasaurs with ichthyosaurs and pliosaurs as they replace the latters and would add more fishes like Acrodus/Cretodus/Chimaera, ammonites and belemnites (why not?). Also didn't Ptychodus teeth look more like this?:

I've thought of including more creatures and invertebrates like ammonites but the box has ran outta place. I think 20.25 inches is as big as it gets.