Joebiwan3

Whats up all! I havnt posted in a while mainly due to just having everything all over the place since we've moved back into our house after a long time away due to renovation. I still have a ton of fossils in my collection and alot of unidentified teeth that im going to try and post on here more often.....ill be posting 2 tonight with the first being this tooth here : 

Its from the Hell Creek Formation, Tooth Draw Quarry , NE Butte County, South Dakota.

Its CH is 13 mm

The CBL is 8.5 mm

Distal serration count is 3 / mm

Mesial serration count is 4 / mm

Base has an oval shape to it. 

Ill post a bunch of pics since some are better than others...anyway let me know what you all think !

@Troodon

20200509_234706.jpg

20200509_234652.jpg

I need to see a straight in shot of the mesial carina without fingers which really make identification of your teeth difficult.  I suggested before to use putty to hold your teeth not fingers.

I also see 4/mm on the distal edge not 3

20200509_233919.thumb.jpg.e21f19a5b142af3fcdd95efa9c6da4f7.jpg.b21c2cb4af848e49878800d5b488d79f.jpg

@Troodon yes i have to go digging through my things and see if i can locate the putty i purchased. More pictures to come today. 

Looks just like the Dromaeosaur tooth I have from TD, but again, whoever your getting these from should already have a positive ID with it.

• I found this Informative 1

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

Still need that photo but getting more comfortable that this is a Tyrannosaurid tooth. Overall shape and the Denticles, the three to the right are chisel shaped.  Cannot be Dromaeosaurid since the serration density of both carinae is the same

20200414_001016.thumb.jpg.2c367cf031ac2ceb91fdf45bfadd63d3.jpg.ce3dfafbe05e9e3014cb823d62fc4cc6.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

2 hours ago, hadrosauridae said:

Looks just like the Dromaeosaur tooth I have from TD, but again, whoever your getting these from should already have a positive ID with it.

this tooth was catalogued and came with an ID however as @Troodon has stated the serration count on both sides is similar so id like to get everyones opinions.

Agree if those serrations are identical cannot be a Dromaeosaurid.  My vote is juvie Trex based on the shape of the denticles and the cross-section of base

• I found this Informative 1