Is this a strange growth on a belemnite, or just rock?

Pleuromya

Hello, I picked this up among some gravel, I'm guessing this cold be a belemnite, but am not certain. I noticed it had a strange lump, is anybody able to identify this? Sorry there's no scale, it's about 6-7cm.  

Thanks.

20200510_200221.jpg

20200510_200207.jpg

Doesn’t look like any belemnites I’ve seen, my guess is the experts will be along soon to say it’s geological. Maybe pics of the ends would help to determine if it’s anything more

• I found this Informative 1

5 minutes ago, dhiggi said:

Doesn’t look like any belemnites I’ve seen, my guess is the experts will be along soon to say it’s geological. Maybe pics of the ends would help to determine if it’s anything more

Thanks, I forgot to do that.

I don't know why these photos are so dark, I have plenty of lights. The ends don't really seem to match that of a belemnite, I think.

1589138788361-237770044.jpg

1589138701199-1979972794.jpg

29 minutes ago, Chris Jones said:

I don't know why these photos are so dark,

Someone not too many months ago suggested NOT having a light background with a dark fossil. The camera processes the picture based on the white. Therefore the featured item  is dark. Makes sense!! I have been cognizant of this and think my pictures lately have better exposure. 

Mike

• I found this Informative 2

15 minutes ago, minnbuckeye said:

Someone not too many months ago suggested NOT having a light background with a dark fossil. The camera processes the picture based on the white. Therefore the featured item  is dark. Makes sense!! I have been cognizant of this and think my pictures lately have better exposure. 

Mike

Thanks, I'll try that next time. :)

13 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Looks like flint to me.

Thanks, I must've had wishful thinking. :)