Possible rib fragment of Einiosaurus?

Good evening,

I have the possibility to buy these fragments of a rib of Einiosaurus.

Because I am not yet that familiar with dinosaur bones:

-are they really rib fragments?

-is it possible to attribute these to Einiosaurus?

They are said to be from the Two Medicine Formation, Montana.

3A3112B8-DE74-4435-85B2-6A424FB11FF5.jpeg

E2F91E29-BFD0-4FCB-AFCD-250C1B35936D.jpeg

896D8EB3-4913-422E-A7DC-82D97FF09D29.jpeg

It does look like a rib fragment and its size suggest Ceratopsian but not certain.

Multiple Ceratopsian are found in the TMF and unless it was found in a Quarry where an Einosaurus was being found it cannot be assigned to it.

• I found this Informative 1

Thank you Troodon!

What do you think about the preservation of the rib?
Is it normal for ribs to be found that fragmented and with rock still attached to it or is it more a sign of an absence of preparation and I should wait for a better preserved piece?

The material I have collected from the TMF is well preserved, very solid, and finding matrix on it is typical of what I see in your specimen.   Seeing a broken bone is not a surprise especially a rib, normal.  I cannot say all those peices fit together, probably not, or are from the same bone.   There is no preparation done to this rib its how it came out if the ground with just some cleaning.  Not sure what you are looking for regarding your question on waiting.   Its a group of broken bones so if you want something more complete and defined I would wait.

4 hours ago, Troodon said:

The material I have collected from the TMF is well preserved, very solid, and finding matrix on it is typical of what I see in your specimen.   Seeing a broken bone is not a surprise especially a rib, normal.  I cannot say all those peices fit together, probably not, or are from the same bone.   There is no preparation done to this rib its how it came out if the ground with just some cleaning. 

Thank you very much, Troodon, your expertise is much appreciated. Because material like this doesn‘t show up here in Germany very often I think I will give it a try...

Some rib chunks which are mostly do not fit together as it seems...:zzzzscratchchin:

I would wait for better quality items...

4 hours ago, Pemphix said:

Some rib chunks which are mostly do not fit together as it seems...:zzzzscratchchin:

I would wait for better quality items...

Thank you, I thought about it and you are right. I saw some nice and more complete bones which were of course more expensive but because my space at home is limited I do not want to buy twice and will save the money for some more complete bones...