gigantoraptor

Bissekty formation

gigantoraptor

Hello all

Since I was a kid, I've always wanted to visit the Central-Asian republics of Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan and I've always wanted to find my own dinosaur fossils.

After reading this topic by @Troodon a couple of years ago, I wanted to go even more. 

After I graduate, I would actually like to do a month long trip in the Kyzylkum in Uzbekistan (and maybe combine it with going to Kazakhstan afterwards.)

I've read some papers on this subject and it's a fascinating area, but I really wonder if it's even possible to hunt there. It's very hard to get in contact with local people. So has anyone here ever searched for fossils in this area (or in the neighbouring countries)? I know going to a desert isn't always safe, but by then I might have found someone who is crazy enough to go with me:P.  

As far as I know there are not members from Central-Asia on this forum?

Kind regards

Thijs

Tidgy's Dad

@DavidLigohas collected in Uzbekistan, though he lives in Russia. 

Maybe he can help if you PM him. 

Troodon

You see teeth from that region on auction sites and most have been privately collected so its doable.  Its not a trip I would recommend doing without someone who knows the area and Hazzards.  You might want to contact one of those sellers if they are from Russia and see what they say.

@Anomotodon. Any thoughts

Troodon

You may also want to contact Francois of Eldonia he obtains lots material from that locality

gigantoraptor
1 hour ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

@DavidLigohas collected in Uzbekistan, though he lives in Russia. 

Maybe he can help if you PM him. 

Thanks for the advice, I'll PM him.

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

You may also want to contact Francois of Eldonia he obtains lots material from that locality

I will contact him. Thanks for the advice.

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

You see teeth from that region on auction sites and most have been privately collected so its doable.  Its not a trip I would recommend doing without someone who knows the area and Hazzards.  You might want to contact one of those sellers if they are from Russia and see what they say.

@Anomotodon. Any thoughts

I'll try to find a Russian seller, although I don't know any. I probably won't go alone anyway, but still have to find someone who would be interested to come along.

DavidLigo

Hi! I now in 150 kilomeasures from Bisekta. Arrived will hunt and now in a quarantine! Earlier I worked as the geologist here. It is a lot of years. Pm, we will talk. Yours faithfully! David.