Does this Spinosaurus aegyptiacus tooth seem real?

fabiobrasilc

Hi all, new member here.

While searching for a gift for my mentors, who collect dinosaur fossils, I came across this (attached) Spinosaurus aegyptiacus tooth.

Unfortunately, the vendor's website only has the two pictures attached. They're claiming it is 2-1/2" . Found at the "Kem Kem Region Of Morocco".

I would love to hear your thoughts on whether this is real, or worth it at all. 

Thank you!

Fabio

so2.JPG

sp1.JPG

Kem Kem is where they are found and it looks legit. I’m not good at spotting restoration so let other more knowledgeable members take a look at it & respond before buying but IMO the price seems high for a spino tooth, they’re pretty common. 

Tooth looks nice don't see any red flags.   It comes from the Kem Kem beds of Morocco.   There are multiple Spinosaurs  in these beds Spinosaurus sp. and Sigilmassasaurus brevicollis so its more accurate to call it by its family name "Spinosaurid indet." since you cannot distinguish teeth between these species.  Will send you PM on pricing

@fabiobrasilc 

Per forum rules, we do no allow valuations or posting of prices.  ;)

• I found this Informative 2

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Thank you all for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

@JohnJ I apologize, I promise I tried reading every "New Member Read This" thread, but I missed the price part. 

I would edit the post to remove it, but it seems like it was already done. Thank you! 

Thanks again!

Fabio

• I found this Informative 1