Right = Camel

Bottom = Squalodon

Mid = porpoise/cetacean

Top = whale

?????

THANKS!

111111111111.jpg

2222222222222.jpg

Location would probably help the other members identify these. That being said it does look like it may be a squalodon tooth on the bottom right. If it is congrats on finding an awesome species (on my bucket list for east coast finds), even if it isn't squalodon it's still cool. 

@Boesse @WhodamanHD @Harry Pristis @MarcoSr

• I found this Informative 1

IDs will depend on the location and age. 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

10 hours ago, PaleoNoel said:

Location would probably help the other members identify these. That being said it does look like it may be a squalodon tooth on the bottom right. If it is congrats on finding an awesome species (on my bucket list for east coast finds), even if it isn't squalodon it's still cool. 

@Boesse @WhodamanHD @Harry Pristis @MarcoSr

They were from various locations. I believe the larger fragment and the other large piece is from a beach in Virginia.

The supposed squalodon tooth is from South Carolina from brackish waters and thanks, I am very ecstatic about this tooth, definitely one of my prizes in my collection.

I was talking to a friend on the east coast and finding a Squalodon fossil is rare in the carolinas from what I understand and give us more evidence that they were actually roaming around back then along with the meg.

As for the camel like tooth, that is from an auction I won, haha.

It's not a Squalodon tooth - it's probably from an Oligocene waipatiid dolphin, which are smaller and have smooth cutting edges; in Squalodon (which is only Miocene in age), these teeth are typically serrated, larger, and have somewhat fused roots.