Mastodon fossil?

FossilizedJello

Where did you find it? What's the measurements? Second pic does look like mastodon enamel.

3 minutes ago, Bronzviking said:

Where did you find it? What's the measurements? Second pic does look like mastodon enamel.

It was part of an auction I won on online and the seller had no idea unfortunately. And right, sorry forgot to add measurements, its about 5.5 cm x 3.2 cm .

If you dont mind me asking, what are you looking for?

Here you go, let me know if you need anything else. Thanks so much for your time.

abcttt.jpg

tttt.jpg

25 minutes ago, FossilizedJello said:

If you dont mind me asking, what are you looking for?

Here you go, let me know if you need anything else. Thanks so much for your time.

abcttt.jpg

tttt.jpg

I'm looking for a pattern in the edge of the enamel. I found some pieces and it looks familiar. Check out my post and see if this helps.

12 minutes ago, Bronzviking said:

I'm looking for a pattern in the edge of the enamel. I found some pieces and it looks familiar. Check out my post and see if this helps.

Hmm, I would say that the color and texture match but I cant match anything in particular. I would have to say this is what it is though. I mean you would think that the shape of it would give it away...but I think their teeth and jaws just were too chunky and varying.

Pics are a little blurry, but I think it does look like either mastodon or gomphothere