Hi! Newbie from Kentucky here!

Chey

Hi! I am from southeastern Kentucky. I am a newbie who is looking to explore and get new knowledge and experiences. My collection has so far been mainly bought fossils and a few tiny different shells and shell impressions that I have found randomly and in gravel. 

Are there any other Kentuckians that can point me in the right direction to areas where I can find anything? Hopefully these areas would be in lower eastern Kentucky as do not have ability to travel far right now due to world happenings.

Thank you in advance for any tips!

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

Hello and welcome from Central Kentucky! We live in a great state for hunting fossils. 

Unfortunately, I don’t have any specific sites to point you to in the south east, but once you can travel again, I could help you out. :) 

You might try searching this sub forum (Fossil Hinting Trips) for some place near you that you have access to. Such as county, town, city. I’d also suggest searching the “Kentucky” section of the forum. Located here...

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/forum/107-kentucky/

• I found this Informative 4

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Hello, Chey, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

A warm welcome also from Austin, Tx.  @FossilNerd has given you some great advise to get you started.  I'd also like to add that under the Documents section of the forum "home" page you will find Fruitbat's Library.  The section on Kentucky has a great selection of research articles accessible via pdf.  You can find those related to Kentucky here:

• I found this Informative 2

Welcome, try this one

plant site in Hazard,ky.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks