joshuajbelanger

A Blind Hunt Trade to honor Caldigger

Wrangellian
On 5/25/2020 at 8:31 PM, joshuajbelanger said:

And finally @mattbsharks will be trading his funky fresh fools gold plants for some of @Wrangellian's Cretaceous stuff.

OK, sounds good to me if it's ok with Matt. I actually managed to get up there today and came home with some things so I'm somewhat relieved. Everything requires a lot of careful stabilization with glue, however. This is how it is unless I start putting my back into it and breaking apart boulders of shale, if I find one that's not a waste of effort to do so (and even then glue is often required).

I'd like to go up at least one more time to see what else I can get before I decide what goes in the package.

joshuajbelanger
1 hour ago, Wrangellian said:

OK, sounds good to me if it's ok with Matt. I actually managed to get up there today and came home with some things so I'm somewhat relieved. Everything requires a lot of careful stabilization with glue, however. This is how it is unless I start putting my back into it and breaking apart boulders of shale, if I find one that's not a waste of effort to do so (and even then glue is often required).

I'd like to go up at least one more time to see what else I can get before I decide what goes in the package.

Yeah, I’m making a rough transition from peace river to white river.  I’ve actually had to start plastering fossils.  I’m used to them being solid and stable, but these guys require a delicate touch.  It’s ok though, I enjoy the challenge.

Bone Daddy
5 hours ago, joshuajbelanger said:

Yeah, I’m making a rough transition from peace river to white river.  I’ve actually had to start plastering fossils.  I’m used to them being solid and stable, but these guys require a delicate touch.  It’s ok though, I enjoy the challenge.

The Peace River will spoil a person. It just throws the fossils at you. Shark teeth and dugong ribs just jump into my kayak as I paddle along. No jackhammer required.

fishguy

Sorry I was out of town with out internet for the weekend.  I was hunting in the upper Devonian of north east Iowa.  

minnbuckeye

@JamieLynn, package mailed out. No room for packing material so maybe those geodes will be opened by the time it arrives on Monday.

JamieLynn

yours is going in the mail tomorrow! 

GallinaPinta

Is there still room for the trade? I wanna participate