Sinner3am

Hope someone can give me some info. I'm a newbie, but lifelong fossil lover. Thank you in advance. 

0_20200504_101131.jpg

Definitely cool, even if they are not eggs. Fascinating formations regardless. :)

• I found this Informative 1

12 hours ago, GeschWhat said:

I agree 100%. Next to coprolites (fossil poop), concretions are my next favorite thing. :)

Extremely fascinating yes but my hated by me and my fellow diggers.  When you are working in a channel deposit, they can be everywhere in all layers and mimic bones and teeth.  Some even look like the butt end of a Trex teeth.  You have to slow down, sometimes even use glue on them "just in case"  hate them with a passion.   Now that I've got that off my chest :D they are cool.

• I found this Informative 3

10 hours ago, Troodon said:

Extremely fascinating yes but my hated by me and my fellow diggers.  When you are working in a channel deposit, they can be everywhere in all layers and mimic bones and teeth.  Some even look like the butt end of a Trex teeth.  You have to slow down, sometimes even use glue on them "just in case"  hate them with a passion.   Now that I've got that off my chest :D they are cool.

I must admit, I don't like them when they encase bones or my beloved coprolites. It makes prepping a booger. :blink:

Not an egg, but I would have collected that also. The folks who hunt Mazon Creek fossils love concretions. That's what 99% of the fossils we find come in. And I know of a few ammonite and crab folks who like them as well. Many contain fossils that have exquisite detail.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

On 20.5.2020 at 11:39 AM, Troodon said:

On 20.5.2020 at 10:31 PM, GeschWhat said:

I must admit, I don't like them when they encase bones or my beloved coprolites. It makes prepping a booger. :blink:

I agree with you on these points, but there's also the other side to them. We do love them when they contain nice crabs and ammonites, right? Even when it might mean a bit of prep work, eh? :fistbump:

• I found this Informative 2

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/