Lee Creek Fish Tooth

NCSTer

I have a number of Lee Creek teeth that can't be identified any closer than Unknown Fish Tooth. This one may end up in the same "drawer" but I hope it's characteristic enough for someone to point me in the right direction.
The tooth is basically round, but it transitions into a well defined spear shape at the tip. It's very distinct, but not sure it shows well in the pix.  Although it's rather small, current thinking is maybe Enchodus sp. ?
Scale is 1mm.
Appreciate you looking and welcome comments.

Endocus 1.jpg

Endocus 2.jpg

Endocus 3.jpg

Endocus 4.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

That looks a lot like a gar tooth. Better condition than mine. Here is my recently ID'd one.

5ec5625a3b61c_CC2020Gartooth.jpg.f509d952223c761ba4269b3fcb2ebbd5.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

12-2023TFFsig.png.193bff42034b9285e960cff49786ba4e.png

It looks similar to cutlassfish (also known as scabardfish), family Trichiuridae. 

cfish.JPG

• I found this Informative 2

Thanks @Al Dente
I assume you're referring to one of the positional teeth, not the barbed teeth?
I think I actually have a cutlassfish tooth (I have identified it as such anyway!) from a different NC location -- a Yorktown Formation site in Jones County.
The "cutlassfish" I have actually has the barb, much like a harpoon; while my ID tooth is not barbed, just a flattened spear shape.   
Do you feel both of these are likely of the same genus? I can post more pictures if needed.
(I was really basing my earlier Enchodus ID largely on the pictures and the narrative, p.241, in NCFC's Vol III, and on the enchodus def. = spear-shaped tooth.
Think I'm reading more into these than I should?)

And Thanks also @old bones for your thoughts on this one.

Cutlassfish.jpg

1 hour ago, NCSTer said:

The "cutlassfish" I have actually has the barb, much like a harpoon; while my ID tooth is not barbed, just a flattened spear shape.   

You’re right, I think your tooth is probably something else. Hake is another possibility. They are fairly common at Lee Creek and are frequently found with black tips like yours. Here are a couple pictures of modern Hake from the internet.

2DA594FE-998A-4F32-8BA2-63692B5C8EF1.jpeg

126F096B-3CE4-4FD1-993F-3BC07D887BC3.jpeg