Pechycephalosaurus vert & Unknown "dinosaur" vert

FF7_Yuffie

Two more verts that I am interested in getting. But, figured I would check before commiting. First one is described as a Pachycephalosaurus tail vert, but looking online, it seems pretty difficult to tell these from other small dinos like Thescelosaurus. So, any thoughts would be great.

It is 2.6 cm long and described as being from Late Cretaceous, Lance Creek Formation, Niobrara County, Wyoming.

Second is just described as dinosaur vertebrae. Possibly Dacentrurus (which is a type of stegosaur apparently) From Kimmeridge Clay, Dorset.

It is 10cm by 9cm by 4.5 cm.

Seller says he confident it is a dinosaur and not a plesiosaur because of the open, large bone cells.

Hope these look good, Pachycephalosaurus is, along with Baryonyx, my favorite dinosaur.

Thanks as always.

Pachy 1.jpg

pachy2.jpg

pachy3.jpg

dino1.jpg

dino2.jpg

dino3.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

11 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Do you have a side view of the top vert

These are the only other two pics if they're any use. If not, I'll email the seller.

Screenshot_20200521-203137_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200521-203021_Chrome.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

21 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Top one does not look like pachy.  May be Thesc but not sure its missing one side.

Not that familiar on the other one there are a couple of verts to compare against in Wikipedia

and this Dacentrurine from Portugal 

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0224263

Cheers.  The Pachy I will leave for now.

The Dacentrurus shape matches some of the caudal verts in the journal. But, the stub of the side process isn't in the right place -- on the one in the paper, they seem to go straight out to the side, or up from near the arch.

Whereas this one here is going down.

I'll look more into that one, see what I can dig up.

10 hours ago, RuMert said:

IMHO second looks like a plesiosaur cervical vert. There are usually 2 small holes on the bottom side, need to enquire

Cheers. Seller is gonna email some other pics soon. He says hw identified it as dacentrurus by the centrum shape, edges and processes position. B

I'll post the new pics when they arrive, see what you guys think and I'lk see if the museum, Jurassic Coast, get back to me.