Troodon

Holy cow!  WOW!

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

so what happened here? my first thought is to something similar to the zebra and wildebeest crossings of crocodile infested rivers? Any input from someone who has dug in the hell creek might be able to provide some enlightenment.

Also another thing I feel like most of the bones are pointing either northeast or west north 

• I found this Informative 1

59 minutes ago, Haravex said:

so what happened here? my first thought is to something similar to the zebra and wildebeest crossings of crocodile infested rivers? Any input from someone who has dug in the hell creek might be able to provide some enlightenment.

The Edmonto bonebed I'm familiar with in South Dakota was a result of a flooding at a stream bed.   My bet is the same type of event occurred here.  

4 hours ago, Haravex said:

Check out the Depositional Model portion of the paper. 

Your idea has been suggested for other monospecific bonebeds.  The problem with it concerning this bonebed (and others that I know of) is that if this were the case, there would be a pile of articulated or semi-articulated animals.  This quarry is all disarticlated suggesting something more is going on.  For example:  The animals first died in some flood or other catastrophe, then decomposed and then another flood moved them all to the place where they were found.