PODIGGER

I found this tooth in the Peace River about three weeks ago and have been tagging stabs at IDing it ever since.  First thought was dolphin or whale. Then started looking at possible mammal canines.  At this point I am uncertain which is the better line of pursuit to find an ID.  If anyone has a suggestion on what it may be I would appreciate any input. Tooth is approx 7/8" L x 1/8" W.

thumbnail.jpeg.ea2369b9a2dd2bdb7be9cf4814800a4f.jpeg

thumbnail-2.jpeg.8bd156768c89cd151850c184cd1961a4.jpeg

thumbnail-4.jpeg.31bfe129e9ae721555e6ec9bbb3b1c4f.jpeg

thumbnail-1.jpeg.cf42bfeff6513be622a065806c02f124.jpeg

@Boesse

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

I am very bothered by the first photo, which makes it appear to be a chisel-shaped tooth like a land mammal incisor. Are the shadows and highlights playing tricks on me?

• I found this Informative 2

1 hour ago, Boesse said:

I am very bothered by the first photo, which makes it appear to be a chisel-shaped tooth like a land mammal incisor. Are the shadows and highlights playing tricks on me?

Wait yeah, what the heck is going on here lol . Its almost like the tooth got inversed.

One side of the tooth does appear slightly indented.  I am trying to get a good closeup picture to show this better.  It may have been caused by a break.  As soon as I can get another photo showing this I will post it.  Thanks for the replies.

The second and fourth (last) photo are the same side just a different perspective and lighting.  1, 2 & 3 are different sides.  I am having trouble loading the close up I just took of the end (problem is with my camera).  As soon as I can work it out I will post it.

Here are two shots of the tip of the tooth.  Hope this allows for clarity/consensus.  Thanks.

thumbnail.jpeg.0d61397906375e13ab06de06934f4fbf.jpeg

thumbnail-1.jpeg.650d6bec9bd4fd382fcdaefad1fda57e.jpeg