FossilHunterNYC

Anyone familiar with Texoma Lake in Texas and Oklahoma? There’s a ton of ammonites there I heard but where specifically? It says Eisenhower Park and a dam area. Are there still plenty there or are these areas depleted? I went to Ladonia Fossil Park Friday and was disappointed by not finding much 

Welcome to the Forum.

Use a map to find the Duck Creek Formation. Study references to find associated fossils to help you ID the Duck Creek Formation. Then start searching. After a mile or two you will probably find some.

PS.  Go to Jacksboro, TX NW of Dallas; you will finds loads of Pennsylvanian fossils.

Also go to Dinosaur State Park west of Fort Worth: great footprints.

• I found this Informative 1

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

I went a few weeks ago. Found a couple of ammonites. One about 14 inches across but broken some. Found some nice oyster and matrix with a mix of stuff including a small sharks tooth. Some other teeth but haven't taken the time to look at them. I bet with all the rain the water level is up again. I hear we need to wait for the water to go down to get some good stuff. 

8 hours ago, FossilHunterNYC said:

Anyone familiar with Texoma Lake in Texas and Oklahoma? There’s a ton of ammonites there I heard but where specifically? It says Eisenhower Park and a dam area. Are there still plenty there or are these areas depleted? I went to Ladonia Fossil Park Friday and was disappointed by not finding much 

I was near the dam area where I found fairly large size ammonites last year.  There were still dozens of 10 to 12 inch ammonites still embedded in the rock.   I went back to same spot in April, but place was picked clean.  Somebody must brought the crow bar and dislodged almost every one out of the matrix.  Also taken were submerged large ammonites  near the shore.  When I left there were one or two still in the matrix, plus broken ones.   That area was once very productive, but may take a while for mother nature to expose again.