Spanish dinosaur eggshells?

dinosaur man

Hi I’m wondering if these are real?  And if they are, are they actually from Spain?

CCE6B2C3-A09D-401C-9A29-A44B5212CFF7.jpeg

Yes these are real eggshells

Their color, size and texture are consistent with other eggshells claimed to be from Spain

• I found this Informative 4

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

1 minute ago, -Andy- said:

Yes these are real eggshells

Their color, size and texture are consistent with other eggshells claimed to be from Spain

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Fotsirk said:

Or from france. 

Mine are from France

IMG_20200530_020051.jpg

Possibly, but the colouration is different then your specimens, or do France eggshells have this colouration too?

Colour of a fossil does usually depend of the minerals which are involved during the fossilisation process.

So they are different for each fossil and for each site. Only some of the sites have a unique colour of the fossils caused by the special mix of minerals during fossilisation process.

So the colour of a fossil is - usually -  not a good single ID-maker... 

• I found this Informative 1

On 5/26/2020 at 9:44 PM, dinosaur man said:

Hi I’m wondering if these are real?  And if they are, are they actually from Spain?

CCE6B2C3-A09D-401C-9A29-A44B5212CFF7.jpeg

They're the ones I recently purchased :) I could send you the link to his site. 

Spanish eggshells are quite unusual.

21 hours ago, Pemphix said:

Colour of a fossil does usually depend of the minerals which are involved during the fossilisation process.

So they are different for each fossil and for each site. Only some of the sites have a unique colour of the fossils caused by the special mix of minerals during fossilisation process.

So the colour of a fossil is - usually -  not a good single ID-maker... 

16 hours ago, FF7_Yuffie said:

They're the ones I recently purchased :) I could send you the link to his site. 

Spanish eggshells are quite unusual.

Thank you both!  And @FF7_Yuffie sure, that would be great.

There are the same levels with eggshells in north Pyrenees (France) and south Pyrenees (Spain)

But in Spain, searching dino material is strictly prohibited (like other fossils)

So, spanish eggshells are unusual on the market

• I found this Informative 3

On 6/3/2020 at 2:32 AM, caterpillar said:

There are the same levels with eggshells in north Pyrenees (France) and south Pyrenees (Spain)

But in Spain, searching dino material is strictly prohibited (like other fossils)

So, spanish eggshells are unusual on the market

This is correct.  Eggs are found in the Pyrenees mountains which cover parts of Spain and France and all of Andorra.  No way to tell what side of the man made boarder they came from.  Fossils from Spain are illegal but legal in France. I have no idea about Andorra. 

Ok Thank you everyone! :D