Tyrannosaur tooth from new mexico

lone5wolf117

Hello I recently got these two Tyrannosaur tooths form new mexico close to Farmington what could they be form? The more complete one is a inch long the other is half inch. 

Screenshot_20200528_031532.jpg

Screenshot_20200528_031430_com.etsy.android.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

I can’t help with identification but I know others are going to need to see more sides and angles. ;)

If it is found near Farmington, I believe that Ojo Alamo Formation is reasonable because Farmington, New Mexico is found above the number 8.  If so, that would make this Maastrichtian, T. rex  then?

Screenshot_20180819-180051.jpg.60353f78cc814d88737167f371c10a49.jpg

image.png

Unfortunately you will need a much more specific locality to identify your teeth since there are multiple formations they could have come from.   If they are Tyrannosaurid they are best identified as Indeterminate. A closer image can help determine that.

Here is a much more specific map near Farmington showing the three formations (Ojo, Kirtland, Fruitland) containing Tyrannosaurids.  They are Campanian to Maastrichtian in age.  My guess is that these come from the Kirtland or Fruitland which is what you typically see available.

Screenshot_20200527-170808.thumb.jpg.040c7bc3adaead8f0d7fa8771adc2a4d.jpg

Stratigraphy. Paleontology and Age of the Fruitland and Kirtland Formations (Upper Cretaceous), San Juan Basin, New Mexico - New Mexico Geological Society

• I found this Informative 2

Unfortunately we already know that being near Farmington.   Its not adequate to general.   Need something like a gps coordinate location.

There are numerous dinosaur bearing units of slightly different ages around Farmington.  Each has its own tyrannosaurs.  So, yeah, we need more details on where it was found.