I think this may be a broken tooth?  If it is, can anyone give me any help on what it may have belonged to?  Thanks in advance. 1 1/2” long by 1” wide by 1/2” thick

66480655-092E-49BE-9071-6D667420E3E5.jpeg

C8714830-86D9-41CB-A97F-6C66FDB6CE46.jpeg

D7ED76CA-72C9-4EB9-BE27-C54A728A70B0.jpeg

Not a tooth, but rock.

Where is Bandera ?

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

6 hours ago, Coco said:

Not a tooth, but rock.

Where is Bandera ?

Coco

Bandera is about 50 miles NW of San Antonio. 

1 hour ago, LBI said:

Bandera is about 50 miles NW of San Antonio. 

That is in Texas, coco.  (LBI, we have lots of folks from all over the world here.  Most USAians know where SA is, but it might not be well known to others).

I agree with the others... does not have tooth texture or shape.  

Thanks JP ! :Wave:

@LBI Would you add "TX" after Bandera on your profile please ? It is useful for strangers like me ;)

Coco

----------------------

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

33 minutes ago, Coco said:

Thanks JP ! :Wave:

@LBI Would you add "TX" after Bandera on your profile please ? It is useful for strangers like me ;)

Coco

Allo coc... The word for foreigner en Francais ("Etranger") also means Stranger.

coco is a foreigner, more than a stranger.  Stranger (in English) means means someone that the subject is not familiar with.  You are not a stranger to me because I know you quite well.  Yet, you are a foreigner from a USAian perspective.  USAian is a word I use to denote a person from the USA.  As we all know, the word American applies to anyone from Alert, Nunavut (Canadian Province) to Ushuaia in Patagonia.  But hey, this forum is about fossils, not language.   

• I found this Informative 1

9 minutes ago, jpc said:

USAian is a word I use to denote a person from the USA.  As we all know, the word American applies to anyone from Alert, Nunavut (Canadian Province) to Ushuaia in Patagonia.  

Once again we USAians obsconded with something that was not only ours: Americans. A lot of countries and people are “of America.”

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

Good old Bandera. I have  some really nice gastropods castings from Bandera area. Can get some good Texas hearts also. PM me and I will point you in the right direction to get some. 

Anywho, welcome to the forum. 

2 hours ago, jpc said:

Allo coc... The word for foreigner en Francais ("Etranger") also means Stranger.

coco is a foreigner, more than a stranger.  Stranger (in English) means means someone that the subject is not familiar with.  You are not a stranger to me because I know you quite well.  Yet, you are a foreigner from a USAian perspective.  USAian is a word I use to denote a person from the USA.  As we all know, the word American applies to anyone from Alert, Nunavut (Canadian Province) to Ushuaia in Patagonia.  But hey, this forum is about fossils, not language.   

Thanks JPC, in writing this I had the strange but fleeting impression of making a mistake... I did not check ! :fistbump:

LBI : not a fossil !

Coco

----------------------

Un Greg...

Just now, Coco said:

Thanks JPC, in writing this I had the strange but fleeting impression of making a mistake... I did not check ! :fistbump:

LBI : not a fossil !

Coco

Mon Plaisir, coco.  Il y a tellement a apprendre avec cette sacre langue.     Becky, elle etudie un peut le francais et ca va aller mieux la prochaine fois.    

Yessss ! :thumbsu: On arrosera ça au Chouchen !

Coco

----------------------

Un Greg...

The repeated pattern of double holes in supposed transverse section in your third pucture reminds me of ichnofossils, tracefossils on sedimens on the buttom of a saline environment. There might be tracefossils on your rocks. :thumbsu:

Edited by abyssunder

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

On 2020-05-29 at 6:24 PM, jpc said:

Mon Plaisir, coco.  Il y a tellement a apprendre avec cette sacre langue.     Becky, elle etudie un peut le francais et ca va aller mieux la prochaine fois.    

Although I am fluent in French as a Franco-Ontarien, this is an English-based forum. Please maintain posts on the open boards in English, reserving non-English comments to PM, or providing English translations for non-French speaking members. Thank you for your cooperation. :) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

7 hours ago, abyssunder said:

The repeated pattern of double holes in supposed transverse section in your third pucture reminds me of ichnofossils, tracefossils on sedimens on the buttom of a saline environment. There might be tracefossils on your rocks. :thumbsu:

Thank you. I’m trying to absorb as much as I can. I found these in a crevice or hole in another larger rock. I didn’t think much of it at the time, being that they were loose, like gravel. The more I dig into this larger rock, I keep finding similar examples. When I get back to where this rock is, I’ll update this post with pics of all. Didn’t mean to hide or conceal anything, just thought they were kinda like loose gravel that had washed in, which they probably are. 

1 hour ago, Kane said:

Although I am fluent in French as a Franco-Ontarien, this is an English-based forum. Please maintain posts on the open boards in English, reserving non-English comments to PM, or providing English translations for non-French speaking members. Thank you for your cooperation. :) 

OK....  will do.  This should have been a PM.  : )