A few ammonites.

Pleuromya

I've been attempting to identify some ammonites I've found, yet they are incomplete, making it quite difficult. I have found a very useful app that had narrowed it down to the most likely few based on location, so I'll attach that, as it could help. They all look so similar ;). They were found in Northamptonshire, UK. Scale is in centimetres.

Thanks.

IMG_20200531_221853.jpg

Screenshot_20200531-221313~2.png

IMG_20200531_221825.jpg

15909605628298263800493209558382.jpg

You will need some that show the exterior I'm afraid.  Keep looking, if there are worn ones in cross section like yours, there will be some that show the exterior in the area.  Good luck!

Don

• I found this Informative 1

18 minutes ago, FossilDAWG said:

You will need some that show the exterior I'm afraid.  Keep looking, if there are worn ones in cross section like yours, there will be some that show the exterior in the area.  Good luck!

Don

41 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

I'm afraid there's not much chance of getting them properly identified in that condition.

Thanks, I thought it'd be almost impossible. :)

@Chris Jones a bit of advice. When asking for an ID, it is best to have pics where you use a solid background with a different contrast to the item in question. The pics you used for this post, the specimens blend in with the granite countertop in the background.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

they are a bit too far gone to ID in their current state:) however, if you have the tools and time, you could reverse prep them to reveal a side in better condition which could be ID'd good luck with your future finds^_^

39 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

@Chris Jones a bit of advice. When asking for an ID, it is best to have pics where you use a solid background with a different contrast to the item in question. The pics you used for this post, the specimens blend in with the granite countertop in the background.

Ok, thanks. I'll make sure to do that next time. 

25 minutes ago, will stevenson said:

they are a bit too far gone to ID in their current state:) however, if you have the tools and time, you could reverse prep them to reveal a side in better condition which could be ID'd good luck with your future finds^_^

That's a good idea, but I'd probably cause too much damage to it.;) Thanks :)