Allosaurus tooth

FF7_Yuffie

Hello, I saw this for sale and tempted by it, but is it Allo?

Seems pretty small to me. And, is it complete? The base seems crooked, so wondering if it may be half a tooth? Labelled as complete but repaired crack.

From Morrison Formation.

Thanks

Screenshot_20200604-161221_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200604-161307_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200604-161322_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200604-161336_Chrome.jpg

These photos are a perfect example of how not display a tooth for sale.  We have a better view of fingers than the tooth.   The tooth is fairly complete just missing the lower edge of the distal edge.  Looks like it was found in three pieces and reattached.   The tooth might be an Allosaurid but I cannot tell just looking at these photos and poor preservation.

• I found this Informative 1

4 minutes ago, Troodon said:

These photos are a perfect example of how not display a tooth for sale.  We have a better view of fingers than the tooth.   The tooth is fairly complete just missing the lower edge of the distal edge.  Looks like it was found in three pieces and reattached.   The tooth might be an Allosaurid but I cannot tell just looking at these photos and poor preservation.

Cheers. Yeah, seller has it described as repaired and it's not the best. Which  I guess is why it's cheap compared to other Allo teeth I see for sale. 

Would other pics help, or is it too poor a condition to be sure even if the new pics were good?

The lack of a well defined mesial carina makes identification very problematic so no

• I found this Informative 1

7 minutes ago, Troodon said:

The lack of a well defined mesial carina makes identification very problematic so no

Thanks.

I'll give this one a miss, cheers.