Harry_

This tooth is around 99 Myo but I am not sure about the species and any advice or IDs would be greatly appreciated. It was from Hunstanton cliffs in the ferriby chalk formation. It was found in very close proximity to a giant ammonite if it helps. It is about 1cm 

IMG_20200605_154139.jpg

Screenshot_20200605_160103.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Some sharks teeth are difficult to identify without a root. A clearer close up would be great, front and back.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Harry_ said:

I have now identified this tooth as Cretoxyrhina, a Jurassic shark. Thanks for the reply

Unfortunately, I don't think that's the answer. The Jurrasic period ended roughly 145 Million years ago so if this is only 99 million years old, you need to check out Cretaceous sharks rather than Jurrasic.

7 minutes ago, frankh8147 said:

Unfortunately, I don't think that's the answer. The Jurrasic period ended roughly 145 Million years ago so if this is only 99 million years old, you need to check out Cretaceous sharks rather than Jurrasic.

Ah yes...not entirely sure what I was going on about with that age *facepalm* I had got my the layers of that area mixed up. The layer that the tooth was from is around 135 Myo as it was from the later-on chalk at the top of the cliffs