Keichousaurus

Jared J

I just finished prepping one of the keichousaurus i picked up this year down in Tuscon think it turned out pretty good a whole lot better than that Chinese road kill you see everywhere. took about 12 hours of work total.

post-261-1205700341_thumb.jpg

Guest Nicholas

Great prep work, I really like it. I liked how you worded "a whole lot better than that Chinese road kill you see everywhere." I always thought it looked like road kill too. Lol.

Wonderful prep work starting with a good specimen. Yeah I too lump most Chinese snarge with Moroccan snarge and all the "coprolites" you see on eBay. Can you imagine an animal actually passing what these guys try to pass off as coprolites? Looks like a physiological impossibility to me.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

99% of what they are calling 'coprolites' are just siderite nodules. They have found cery few specs of actual fossil pooh as it has to be under microsopic exam. fo find bits of bone, plant material, etc

I have found them down south; an area that was a shallow sea in the teriary, now how does pooh survive a watery environ an have time to fossilize?

Well Dam!!! For some reason, my computer wont enlarge that photo? I can tell it looks purty dang good, but I cant see any detail. Being that I have one of these to prep, I really wanted to take a close look at this one. did you use airabrasive, if so what kind of media did you use?

RB

Well Dam!!! For some reason, my computer wont enlarge that photo? I can tell it looks purty dang good, but I cant see any detail. Being that I have one of these to prep, I really wanted to take a close look at this one. did you use airabrasive, if so what kind of media did you use?

RB

RJB The dirty little secret the Chinese don't tell you is that there are some softer layers from the keichousaurus locality that prep up just beautiful and there are some other layers from there that are extremely hard and it is just impossible to prepare them I have talked too many people on the subject and there just isn't any way to prep them so if it is from the softer layers like this one is than just carefully airscibe it down too as close as you can get to the bone and than I just use dolomite at around 60 psi for larger bones and than for the more delicate small bones iI used dolomite at 30 psi