Please help me identify tooth #2

Randyw

Hi! Here is the second tooth I recently acquired. The information he had was It Was from the oldman formation in the red river valley Alberta. It is 3.5 cm on the long side with 3 serrations per mm. 

C7D57D5E-B03E-4788-B132-F702C042CA5A.jpeg

6AD448F8-D31D-46AF-91D1-BD764006E460.jpeg

682232A8-D1AF-4B68-A811-8412E0F4E4FC.jpeg

71736D5D-F4A5-4588-A431-A67C53424B90.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

Something that size can only be a Tyrannosaurid.   Do you have a specific locality of where its from not familar with Red River Valley.   Red Deer Valley?

BTW no "a" in Theropod

• I found this Informative 1

Hmmmm he said red river valley but that’s runs from Winnipeg Canada south past Fargo n.d. He must have meant the red deer as he specifically mentioned Alberta. But I’m sure he’s not the original finder (got it from my local rock shop.) he had it listed as albertosaurus but I know how often these teeth get misidentified so I wanted to run it past the experts here.

Albertosaurus teeth are only described from the Horseshoe Canyon Fm which is around Drumheller and the Red Deer River.  When it comes to purchasing teeth the most important info you can have is a specific geographic location with that you can determine formation and the ID can be done at any time.

@Troodon That’s why I wasn’t trusting the sellers I.d.. with it being listed as oldman formation wouldn’t that pretty much limit it to daspletosaurus instead of albertosaurus?  But once again they were such a good price I’m still happy Even if they just end up labeled tyrranosuarid. I’m over the moon! This is my first Real theropod material! 
thank you!

Nice and what ever the critter it came from was pretty formidable. How are you going to display it?

I have not got any of them but the do a great job at displaying single teeth. Nice buy