Winner of the May 2020 Vertebrate Fossil Of The Month

digit

2 hours ago, digit said:

The winner of the May 2020 VFOTM goes to...

Triceratops prorsus right dentary - Upper Hell Creek Formation, Upper Cretaceous - Powder River County, Montana

Congratulations to @Troodon !!!

Congratulations! I am in awe as it has been a desire of mine to hunt dinosaurs. The material surrounding the initial find appears to be crumbly sand or was it rock?

Tom

AVOCATIONAL PALEONTOLOGIST

STROKE SURVIVOR

CANCER SURVIVOR

CURMUDGEON

"THERE IS A VERY FINE LINE BETWEEN AVOCATIONAL PALEONTOLOGY AND MENTAL ILLNESS"

Congrats Troodon ! An incredible fossil, I never seen that before !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Thank you everyone. 

It was a super rush when I found this cool jaw only to be surpassed by winning the VFOTM.

I would also like to thank Ken @digit for his efforts in running these contests aways enjoy seeing all the fantastic finds submitted every month.

• I found this Informative 4

Sorry for the delays. I'm a bit nomadic at the present as I'm in a quantum probability distribution between Boca Raton and Gainesville. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

3 hours ago, TOM BUCKLEY said:

Congratulations! I am in awe as it has been a desire of mine to hunt dinosaurs. The material surrounding the initial find appears to be crumbly sand or was it rock?

Tom

Thanks.  Very fortunate to be able to collect dino material. The matrix in this layer was hard clay which I worked with an awl and Xacto knife.  Slow process 

@Troodon Well that is beautiful piece Frank . Triceratops is one of them great creatures that is so nostalgic . Lovely fossil, lovely prep . Congratulations. :yay-smiley-1:

• I found this Informative 1

52 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Thanks.  Very fortunate to be able to collect dino material. The matrix in this layer was hard clay which I worked with an awl and Xacto knife.  Slow process 

Still easier than if you had to dig it out of limestone.:)

Tom

• I found this Informative 1

AVOCATIONAL PALEONTOLOGIST

STROKE SURVIVOR

CANCER SURVIVOR

CURMUDGEON

"THERE IS A VERY FINE LINE BETWEEN AVOCATIONAL PALEONTOLOGY AND MENTAL ILLNESS"

Congrats Frank! Awesome find and great prep. Like Bobby, I’m a fan of triceratops. Great specimen! 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Congratulations! This one was the obvious front runner from the beginning this time around, even though the other entries are superb in their own ways.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

15 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

@Troodon Well that is beautiful piece Frank . Triceratops is one of them great creatures that is so nostalgic . Lovely fossil, lovely prep . Congratulations. :yay-smiley-1:

@FossilNerd

Thanks, I think next to Trex,  Triceratops is a Dino that everyone can recognize at all ages

3 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Congratulations! This one was the obvious front runner from the beginning this time around, even though the other entries are superb in their own ways.

thanks all of the entries deserve recognition and indeed are special