Aguja Ankylosaur Tooth

PaleoNoel

Hello, hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to share with you what I believe to be an ankylosaur or nodosaur tooth I found while hunting through my bag of Aguja fm matrix from western texas. The tooth is about 7 mm in length and has a bulge at the base which curves to become flattened as the crown continues. I hope I got this ID right as it would be my first Ankylosaurian tooth I've ever found.

IMG_E5748.thumb.JPG.be573c3947e7ed4e8916d775607cec74.JPG

IMG_E5749.thumb.JPG.1959df990b7acc08556eb0caff93f274.JPG

IMG_E5750.thumb.JPG.7078b50ef704276018802f5f90661b9c.JPG

IMG_E5751.JPG

Thanks its definitely not a Ankylosauridae but has some characteristics of a Nodosauridae.  So although not 100% certain I would lean that way since I'm  having a hard time seeing much else. 

• I found this Informative 2

2 hours ago, Troodon said:

Thanks its definitely not a Ankylosauridae but has some characteristics of a Nodosauridae.  So although not 100% certain I would lean that way since I'm  having a hard time seeing much else. 

Thanks, I initially couldn't tell what it was when I found it. But after giving it a closer look I thought it looked familiar to some of the armored dinosaur teeth i've seen on here (the more worn down specimens). Unfortunately it's hard to get a good photo of it. Happy to have a nodosaur in my collection!